Are you dealing with a cockroach infestation? They surely can get very annoying – roaches are one of the most irritating pests one can deal with. Not only are they icky and smell bad but they also spread intestinal diseases, such as typhoid fever, dysentery, diarrhea, and cholera.
Cockroaches don’t bite you but can easily scratch you using their heavy leg spines, and this can lead to infection since roached carry bacteria. And even if they don’t directly scratch you, the germs they carry can be deposited to food in your house and spread pathogens such as salmonella, streptococcus, and staphylococcus.
This is why you should get in touch with Cockroach Control Mississauga as soon as you spot one too many roaches crawling around your home.
Why Cockroaches Infested Your Home:
All kinds of pests mostly infest homes in search of food, shelter, and water; this includes ants, termites, roaches, and rodents. If they can find these three things easily at your home, then they won’t hesitate to set up camp there as well.
Roaches are attracted to warm, humid climates and will most likely be found in or near the:
- Excess moisture
- Pet food on the floor
- Crumbs on the floors or counters
- Leftover food in empty cans or containers
- Dirty dishes in the sink
Moreover, attraction to your home is one half of the story. The other aspects rely on the fact that whether the cockroaches can enter your home or not. Some of the ways they can easily get into your homes are the sewerage system, cracks and crevices in the doors, windows, holes in vents and pipes, and hitchhiking onto other items brought into your home.
If you end up realizing that there is a roach infestation in your residential, commercial, or industrial building, contact Cockroach Control Mississauga as soon as possible to have the pests removed properly.
How To Prevent Cockroaches from Entering Your Home:
To keep your home free of these creepy crawlers, you may implement some of the prevention methods suggested below.
- Cleaning up the clutter in your house will only provide lesser places for the bugs to hide in. Roaches like to cover up their presence during the day, but if there won’t be a lot of locations and messy corner in your home for the pests to hide during the day, they will be less likely to stay in your home for a long time let alone set camp there at all.
- Cockroaches love newspapers and cardboard boxes, and if these things are simply lying in your home, they’re attracting cockroaches. They like breeding in these items so it would be wisest to clear out all the cardboard boxes and newspapers from your home.
- Do you see any cracks and crevices in the doors or your home’s foundation? If so, fix it right away! Seal them with steel wool and caulk, you can use a fine wire mesh in vents or around chimneys to prevent them from entering through these locations as well.
Cockroach Control Mississauga will be able to identify these cracks and crevices more accurately. Roaches will most probably enter your home through windows and doors, the attic, along the foundation or roof, crawl space vents, and around holes used for plumbing, electric, and gas lines.
- Fix any plumbing leaks or issues that you see in your home. Moisture and excess availability of water attract bugs like cockroaches and encourages them to enter your home and stay there. This is why cockroaches are mostly found in the bathroom or the kitchen, and mostly near the sinks.
The sooner you can identify and fix a faulty sink or faucet or notice a leak in the refrigerator and any other appliances at home that are producing excess moisture, the better. This will help you eliminate a major attraction to cockroaches from your home.
How Cockroach Control Mississauga Can Help:
We offer you highly professional pest control services that will get rid of many pests including cockroaches from your home or commercial or industrial building. We ensure the effective removal of pests using environmentally friendly, government-approved products.
Cockroach Control Mississauga prioritizes 100% customer satisfaction and will reach your home to provide a solution for you as soon as you give us a call. You will most likely receive a call and a visit from our team of expert exterminators within a business day or so.