As a suburban city in Southern Ontario, Brampton is one of the most populous cities in Canada. With more people, there are more houses and in turn, more ants. If left unchecked, these pests can hinder the smooth functioning of your home and family. Mega Pest Control provides a way for ants control in Brampton
There are two major types of ants found in Brampton – Carpenter Ants and Pavement Ants. Pavement Ants are nuisance pests and like to eat sweet or greasy food. Carpenter Ants cause more harm as they gnaw through wood though they eat food with high sugar content such as honey, jelly, jams or sugars.
Identifying the Ants
It is easy to confuse Ants with Termites as both live in colonies, but it is important to identify them to find the right method of ants control in Brampton. Mega Pest control has a unique three-step ICP Methodology in which we Inspect, Control, and Prevent the pest-related issues.
There are a few simple steps to identify if the pest at your home are ants –
- If there are holes in the wood at your home – it could be either termites or carpenter ants. If the pest is black in color and has clear wings where the front pair is larger than the back with elbowed antennae, you have an infestation of carpenter ants at your home. They are seldom seen in clusters and are of different sizes. If the pest is white, with equal sized wings and straight antennae, it is a termite infestation.
- If the ants are in clusters and present only on the floor or the basement, is black or brown in color and are equal in size, then the pests are pavement ants.
If you suspect there are ants at your home but have never seen them, there are few questions which can answer your doubts –
- Do you hear any sounds inside the walls like rice crispies breaking?
- Are there any wood shavings found inside the house?
- Do you find any persistent moisture problems around windows, bathtubs, dishwashers, or showers?
As carpenter ants gnaw at wood and are susceptible to dehydration, the colonies might be present in the beams or wood panels near sources of water. Do call up Mega Pest Control for ants control in Brampton.
Now that we have identified the pests, it is important to look at the ways for ants control in Brampton. If the pests are carpenter ants, we inspect the size of the colony and nature of the infestation. If left unchecked, these ants can cause structural damage to your house. To control and prevent further influx of carpenter ants, Mega Pest Control uses eco-friendly and non-toxic chemicals.
Pavement Ants are relatively harmless and, in most cases, we move the nests and relocate the queen. If the infestation is large, our experts use eco-friendly and non-toxic chemicals for ants control in Brampton.
It is important to verify regularly if the infestation is in check, and Mega Pest Control does this by doing regular site visits for ants control in Brampton. It is important to seal the nests to prevent re-entry of ants which we do without fail. We also educate the property owners to identify signs of an infestation, which can help you take immediate preventive measures.
Home remedies and their impact
There are a few home remedies which can help you minimize the effect of ants. A mixture of soap and water is toxic to carpenter ants. Spraying the ants with natural ant killer spray might also help. What is important in these cases is that, though the solution could affect a few ants, the colonies might remain unaffected. There could be more ants causing potential damage to food and the wood structure. To be completely sure that there are no ants in your house, do call up the exterminators for ants control in Brampton. As one of the best ones, Mega Pest Control provides a thorough inspection and clean-up, rendering your home safe for kids, pets, and family.
Check out our other blogs here – https://megapestcontrol.ca/blog/. Call Mega Pest Control if you need help in exterminating any pests from your home or ants control in Brampton.